Who are my pizza lovers?
This morning I calculated the nutrition facts for both this pizza and a similar size pizza from Pizza Hut. The numbers side by side are staggering! This Kodiak Cakes Pizza had LESS THAN HALF the calories, ONE THIRD of the fat, HALF the carbs, and LESS THAN HALF the sodium content per slice. Definitely a healthier option than eating out, without compromising the taste. I know you'll love it. Give it a try!
If you don't have Kodiak Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix, go to the store and grab yourself some. Most stores carry it now, and it's our "go-to" when it comes to pancakes!
Makes 2 smaller pizzas, serves 4-6
3 cups Protein Packed Buttermilk Flapjack and Waffle Mix
3/4 tsp. sea salt (*I LOVE and recommend getting Redmond Real Sea Salt)
2 tsp. Instant Yeast
1 Tbsp. raw honey
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
tomatoes, basil pesto sauce, precooked shredded/diced chicken, pinenuts, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese
**We also made one plain margherita pizza... so choose your desired toppings!**
1. In a large mixing bowl (I used by Bosch), gently combine all ingredients.
2. The dough should not be too sticky- it shouldn't stick to your fingers. If it is sticking, add a little bit more Kodiak Cakes mix. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, gradually add more water.
3. Knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes. Again, I just turned my Bosch on and let it do all the work.
4. Divide the dough into two balls, and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough sit and rise for 60-90 minutes.
5. Punch dough down, cover again, and let rest for about 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 450 degrees and get your toppings ready.
6. Roll out one ball of dough on a lightly floured/nonstick surface, and prepare pizza with desired toppings. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
7. While first pizza is baking, repeat step 6 with the other ball of dough. We decided to do one chicken pesto pizza, and one margherita pizza.
8. The crust should be golden brown when removing from the oven. ENJOY!!
Original recipe from here.