One of our favorite recipes as of late! So perfect for these last summer evenings outside in the backyard. Enjoy!
1/2 bell pepper, seeds removed. I like red bell peppers, but I've also tried an orange bell pepper, and it was yummy too.
1/3 cup EVOO
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. minced garlic
Put in blender and blend until smooth. If you have a Blendtec, and have the Twister Jar attachment, I use this for most all my dressings/sauces and it works wonderfully.
14 oz. package of whole wheat Rotini Pasta
8 oz. or 1/2 a pint of grape tomatoes
8 oz. cubed fresh mozzarella
1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried basil
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced. Or, 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
Sprinkle of Kosher salt
2 Tbsp. EVOO
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut grape tomatoes in half or thirds, and place on a foil lined baking sheet
3. Sprinkle tomatoes with Italian seasoning, basil, garlic, and salt. Drizzle EVOO on top
4. Roast tomatoes in oven until lightly browned and slightly shriveled. This usually takes 8-12 minutes. Set aside.
5. Add warm pasta to a mixing bowl. Pour dressing on top and toss. Let cool.
6 Add tomatoes and dripping from the pan, the cubed mozzarella, and if you have fresh basil, this is yummy to add to the top as well. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature and enjoy!