I have to say, I am pretty proud of this recipe because it took many trials until I felt it mimicked my very favorite granola at Sprouts. The way it makes my kitchen smell, has me sniffing around like a dog and licking my lips. This also can be stored in cute mason jars and given as gifts... just sayin'. I love it over my parfaits in the morning, in a bowl with milk and strawberries, and sprinkled over any fruit dessert.
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp. almond flavoring *this is my secret ingredient*
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 c. raw shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheet with tin foil
2. Mix oats and brown sugar together
3. In separate bowl, whisk together oil, honey, and almond flavoring
4. Pour oil mixture over oats mixture and mix. Add in sliced almonds
5. Spread on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven, mix, and flip oats around, and put back in oven for 5 more minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. As granola is cooling, add shredded coconut and any other mix-in you feel like (sunflower seeds or dried fruit would be yummy)
7. Store in air-tight container and enjoy!!!