Okay my fellow backyard grillers, this one's for you! It's a favorite around our home.
Yields: two chicken breasts.
-1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-Lite Balsamic Vinegar salad dressing
-10 oz. grape tomatoes, halved, or 1-2 medium tomatoes chopped
-1 tsp. minced garlic
-1 Tbsp. olive oil
-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-2 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
*fresh basil to top, if you have it! Otherwise, 1/4 tsp. of basil spice will do!
1. Put chicken in a gallon zip-lock bag and add enough salad dressing to coat the chicken breasts. Place back in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. (And no longer than 24 hours.)
2. When ready to begin, preheat your grill.
3. In a small bowl, gently combine tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and mix. Set aside.
4. Reduce grill to medium heat and place chicken breasts on the grates. Close lid and cook for 7 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
5. During the last couple minutes, or while chicken is still warm, add your piece of mozzarella to each chicken breast and let melt. Place chicken breasts on your plate and top with the tomato-garlic mixture. Serve immediately.
Instant Pot Option if you don't want to grill!
**After marinating the chicken, dump the chicken breasts with the remaining marinade into your Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 12 minutes. " I just set it to "Meat/Stew" for 12 minutes. It will come out perfect!!
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites: 400 Calories or Less