A much healthier dish than any shrimp scampi you'd find at a restaurant... plus, you'll be getting a serving of veggies in each serving. Bonus!
Prep: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
8 oz. whole wheat linguine
1-2 cups of frozen peas
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (grass-fed if possible)
1 lb. mediu shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 c. low-sodium chicken stock
Zest of 1 lemon + a few big squeezes of lemon juice from lemon
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/4 c. reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. In the last couple minutes of cooking, add the peas
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until pink (a few minutes)
- Stir in the chicken stock, lemon juice, and black pepper. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and peas. Stir in pasta mixture, with lemon zest, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately. ENJOY!!
*If you want to add some spice, sprinkle a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes into the mix.