Is anyone else's garden exploding with zucchini!? And don't get me wrong... I love sauteed zucchini, but I can't have it for every meal. This recipe will put your zucchini to good use! These cookies are a healthy alternative to chocolate chip cookies, with less than 100 calories per cookie and only 3 grams of fat. Enjoy!
Makes 2-3 dozen cookies
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
a pinch of ground cloves
a pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 c. oatmeal
1 c. grated zucchini
3/4- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream together sugar, butter, applesauce, and egg. Blend well.
3. Add dry ingredients, zucchini, and chocolate chips. Blend well.
4. Drop by medium spoonfuls onto a greased pan.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until outer edges are starting to brown.
Recipe slightly modified from Muncher Cruncher's recipe. Thank you, Megan!