Gimme all the carbs. A perfect pasta dish (without the extra calories) to satisfy the hangriest moment. Whip it up for dinner tonight!
8 oz. whole-wheat pasta *save 1/4 cup pasta water
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
1/2 c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
1. Cook and shred the chicken. (Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees)
2. Cook the pasta according to package directions and reserve 1/4 c. pasta water
3. In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, and garlic. Set aside.
4. Preheat a grill-pan on stove.
5. Slice the zucchini the long way into thin strips. Rub with olive oil or coat the pan with oil to prevent sticking. Grill until softened, flipping half-way. Remove and set aside.
6. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in grill pan. Grill until softened. Remove from heat.
7. Stir the cooked pasta and chicken into the yogurt mixture. To thin, add the pasta water, 1 Tbsp. at a time until desired thickness is reached.
8. Gently toss in the veggies and season with salt and pepper,
Thank you to @kiwiandcarrot for the recipe!