- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-8 oz package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup mushroom or beef broth
- 1 cup fat-free or part-skim ricotta
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-16 oz package whole wheat penne pasta
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic, thyme, tomatoes and mushrooms and sauté until soft and fragrant. About 10 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking add broth, ricotta, parmesan, egg yolk, salt and 1 clove crushed garlic to a blender and purée.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Reduce mushroom mixture over medium-low heat and slowly stir in cheese mixture. Whisk continuously until sauce thickens about 5-7 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked penne and thin sauce with additional broth if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with additional thyme and shredded parmasen if desired.
Recipe originally from CleanEatsAndTreats