If you have some time to spare, these are worth it. They don't take a long time to prepare, but have to be in the oven for 40 minutes. The gooey goodness of the honey balsamic glaze is to die for! Two drumsticks come out at ~342 calories, so you can wave KFC fried chicken goodbye.
2 lbs. chicken drumsticks (7-10 drumsticks)
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
3/4 tsp. onion powder
3 tsp. olive oil, divided
For the sauce:
2 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. ketchup
4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Drizzle chicken with 1 tsp. olive oil and use clean hands to coat all pieces of chicken. Sprinkle spice mixture over chicken and massage in.
3. Heat a pan on medium high and add 1 tsp. olive oil. Place chicken on pan until both sides are seared, and starting to brown.
4. While chicken is searing, whisk sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
5. Set chicken on a baking pan with taller sides (I used a cake pan) and pour sauce mixture over chicken, making sure to cover each drumstick. Cover pan with tin foil and put in oven for 20 minutes.
6. After 20 minutes, flip chicken over and set back in oven for another 20 minutes. Uncover and let bake 5 more minutes without the tin foil.
7. Remove chicken from oven and place drumsticks on a plate, covered with the tin foil to keep warm.
8. Bring sauce that is in the bottom of the pan to small saucepan on stove top and add 1 tsp. cornstarch. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes until thick and glazy. Place chicken on platter and cover with thick sauce. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Modified from 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites