A concoction I created one night, that has been with us ever since. You'll be thanking your lucky stars you have this recipe when your kids are devouring their own little meatloaf muffin.
Serves: 6 (with 2 muffins each)
Serving size: 2 muffins
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
1/2 cup whole wheat butter crackers, like Ritz
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. dried basil
2 Tbsp. dried parsley, with some extra to sprinkle over top
1 yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 pounds ground lean chuck beef, (use 100% grass-fed beef if possible)
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Put crackers into a plastic resealable bag and crush into fine pieces
3. In a large bowl, mix crackers, black pepper, basil, and parsley. Add diced onion, garlic, and mix. Add the uncooked (but defrosted) beef and egg and combine well, without squeezing the meat too hard.
4. Put mixture into 12 muffin tins, sprayed lightly with olive oil cooking spray
5. In a small bowl, mix together Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Top each muffin with the ketchup mixture. Sprinkle each muffin with some extra parsley.
6. Cook until each muffin is cooked through. About 35-45 minutes, depending on how well-cooked you want your beef.