A recipe I got from @kiwiandcarrot that I modified slightly and couldn't resist sharing! This dish is paleo and gluten free, comes together in 30 minutes (in ONE skillet might I add), and you can wave your boring chicken goodbye.
4 chicken breasts
2 heaping cups mushrooms
1 shallot, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
1 (15 oz.) can of chicken broth
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried parsley
1/4 cup + 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO. Add the diced shallots and allow to cook until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Then, add a few spoonfuls of coconut milk and the 2 tsp. white wine vinegar. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft. Remove from the pan, set aside, and cover with foil to keep warm
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken. In the same skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO and add the chicken breasts. On medium heat, cook the chicken breasts on one side, allowing to get brown and crispy (about 8 minutes).
- Flip over and cook for another minute and then add the coconut milk, chicken broth, thyme, parsley, and white wine vinegar.
- Cover and cook for another 5-6 minutes, then add the mushroom mixture and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through. Serve with the mushroom sauce over the top. My husband and I liked dicing the chicken up and soaking each bite in the sauce. Sooooo yummy! You're going to love it!