Unsure what to do with all the extra peaches you have lying around? After making jam, dicing them up for smoothies, using them in my Peachy Overnight Oats, and making cobbler, I still had some leftover and needed a quick and yummy recipe. This one saved the day. And wow, it's good. I love rolling these up and having them for snacks on-the-go. Give them a try!
5 peaches, pureed (~3 cups)
1/4 cup sugar, *or honey
1 tsp. lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Peel the skin off your peaches. I found the easiest way to do this is to boil a pot of water, drip them in for a few minutes, and the skin will slip right off. Once peeled, puree your peaches in a blender and taste. If needing a little sweetener, add sugar or honey (I've tried both and they're both great). If peaches taste sweet enough, add the lemon juice, and blend.
3. Line a baking sheet with either a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper. Tip to flatten out across the bottom. The liquid peaches should be about 1/8" thick.
4. Bake in oven for 6-8 hours. Depending on thickness and oven temperatures, you will want to start checking your leather around 6 hours to make sure it is not overcooked. You want it to harden up, but not to the point of being crispy or breaking off easily. You'll want to pull it out of the oven when it is still a bendy consistency but not squishy and soft.
5. When ready, line on parchment paper (if not already) and cut into thin strips to roll up. To store, put in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.